Greater Charlotte Consortium - The Greater Charlotte Consortium (GCC) is a cross-town course registration consortium that allows students to take classes at another consortium member institution when the class is not offered at the student's home institution. Students must be enrolled full-time at their home institutions to participate in the GCC. For additional information and a list of the participating institutions, please visit the consortium website.
The mission of Veterans Services, located in Barnard 103, is the successful transition and retention of veteran students through outreach and advocacy.
OASES collaborates with Veterans Services to offer programs and informational sessions particular to veterans throughout the semester. OASES advisors are aware of the unique challenges veteran students face while transitioning into higher education and encourage veterans to make an appointment to develop an academic plan to complete their degree and for a better understanding of college policies.
Admissions offers daily campus tours and Transfer Thursdays. Visit their website to learn more.

You can also take a Self Guided Campus Tour and become familiar with UNC Charlotte on your own.

All incoming students of UNC Charlotte will receive an invitation to complete an online course about sexual violence, healthy relationships, and bystander intervention. The course, called Niners Know, is an engaging and interactive course that will prepare you to be a responsible member of the UNC Charlotte community.
For additional questions regarding Niners Know, email titleixcoordinator@charlotte.edu or call the Title IX Office main line at 704-687-6130.
Please visit Distance Education. There are no accelerated programs offered at UNC Charlotte. For more information on distance education programs available throughout the UNC system, please visit UNC Online.
UNC Charlotte does not offer family housing at this time. They do offer housing for single adult students. There are also many apartment complexes around campus. Check out Off Campus Housing for some options.
UNC Charlotte students often must find a delicate balance between academic and family obligations. The university does not provide child care at this time, but there are other parenting resources to support parenting students.  
For more information about campus health insurance, go to the UNC Charlotte Health Insurance webpage
IMPORTANT: To waive UNC Charlotte health insurance you MUST complete the waiver form or your UNC Charlotte account will be charged. In the above link, please click on the "insurance waiver" button in the middle of the page. This will take you to the waiver form.
The Transfer Credit Advisor from Undergraduate Admissions can give you a good idea of how your credits will transfer, but only an official transcript evaluation done during the application process can give you a full picture of what your transfer credits will be.
The admissions process is the same for adult students as it is for other new students. The first step is to fill out either the transfer or freshman student online application through Undergraduate Admissions. There is an application fee and students need to submit official transcripts for high school and college. Please view the Prospective Student web page for more information on becoming a student at UNC Charlotte.
The University Center for Academic Excellence (UCAE) provides tutoring, supplemental instruction, student success workshops, personal academic consultations, and more to enhance student success and satisfaction. These services are free to any currently enrolled student.
Check out the Atkins Library Research Guide for Adult Students to learn more about their resources and services.
Additional academic resources both on campus and online are located under the Advising tab.

The National Center for Education Statistics defines nontraditional students as individuals who may: have delayed enrollment into post secondary education by a year or more; be employed full time while enrolled; attend the institution part-time; be financially independent from parents; have dependents other than a spouse; be a single parent; or do not hold a standard high school diploma.

UNC Charlotte defines adult students as those who are over the age of 24. OASES recognizes that all nontraditional students may not meet the age definition of an adult student on campus, therefore our office serves as a resource to both adult and nontraditional students for their various academic needs.

New students must submit immunization records to the Student Health Center. Check out their website for details on what immunizations are required and where to find your records.
Parking Services offers several options for parking permits to fit diverse student schedules. Check out the Parking Map to find the closest deck or lot to your classes.
The current tuition rate for this academic year is listed on the Tuition and Fees page of the Financial Services website.
OASES is proud to offer several scholarships exclusively for adult and nontraditional students. Check out our scholarship page for details on these and other scholarships available on campus and from community organizations.

Here is a list of some common websites and technology tools you may need to acces as a student at UNC Charlotte. These tools create easier access to your course information, registration, contact with instructors and advisors, and other university resources.

UNC Charlotte offers 80+ bachelor's degree programs. Check out the Undergraduate Academic Programs webpage for a list of available majors.
Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte is conveniently located on campus in the Student Union. Please see the bookstore webpage for information on purchasing textbooks online or in store. Once you've registered for classes, click the "Order Books online for your Class Schedule" to view the required textbooks.

Video Library


Can I visit campus and talk to someone about coming back to school?
OASES - Does UNC Charlotte offer any programs specifically for adult or non-traditional students?
OASES - Does UNC Charlotte offer classes all year round?

How do I apply for admission as an adult student?
How do I apply for admission as an adult student?