- Schedule your advising appointment in CONNECT.
- Make your appointment early! Advisor's schedules fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Review your DegreeWorks and research information about your intended major before your appointment.
- Arrive on time and come prepared with your specific questions
- Be proactive; seek help and advice early in the semester. Be prepared to schedule more than one meeting a semester, if needed.
- Be prepared to discuss your progress
- Let your advisor know if you are having challenges in specific classes.
- Inform your advisor if you have made changes to your schedule or if you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- Still exploring potential majors?
Advisors are Ready to Help!
- Provide quality advising services to enhance students’ educational opportunities, promote academic achievement and personal growth.
- Encourage and guide students to develop and create an academic plan for completing a degree.
- Provide accurate and timely information about the university’s academic programs, procedures, policies, and resources.
- Work cooperatively with campus-wide academic and administrative departments to facilitate student success and enhance their educational experiences.
- Promote career exploration and planning through career testing, workshops, and individual meetings.
- Provide easy and efficient access to advising services by phone, email, or appointment.
Students with Disabilities
OASES advisors and staff support students with disabilities. Please feel encouraged to communicate to your advisor if there is anything we need to know in order to support you at the university. We are prepared to connect you with resources on campus to assist you. You are not required to disclose your disability; disclosure is voluntary and will be kept confidential.
OASES advisors recognize our student veteran population. If you have any current or former connection to the military, please feel free to communicate special circumstances or accommodations with your advisor. We recognize that calls to active duty, questions about the GI Bill and course registration, and other unforeseen military and veteran-related situations may complicate your academic life. By making us aware, we will do everything we can to assist you or refer you to the proper university staff.