We are glad you have chosen UNC Charlotte!
OASES is committed to providing assistance and support to our adult and nontraditional students. We have a variety of services through our office designed to enhance academic success.
- Advising – Let us help you develop your academic plan, identify interests and career goals, choose a program of study, and select academic resources that support student success!
- Adult Student Ambassador Program – Serve as an example of success, support, and motivation for other undergraduate adult students.
- Adult Student Connection Canvas Page – Accept the Adult Student Connection invitation and connect with other adult learners! Get answers to your questions about being an adult student at UNC Charlotte and find helpful resource information. Don’t see the course invitation? Click here to enroll in this free resource.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society – Alpha Sigma Lambda is the oldest and largest chapter-based honor society for full and part-time adult students (membership by invitation only).
- College Transition Course for Adult Students – A 2 credit hour course designed for adult, nontraditional, and veteran students in their first semester. The class provides information on transition issues, undergraduate programs of study, academic planning, career assessments, study skills, writing improvement strategies, and academic resources on campus.
- Educational and Social Events – Meet other adult students, get information about transitioning back into the classroom, and learn about resources needed to be a successful student
- Scholarships – The scholarship program is one of the many services OASES offers to nontraditional students to encourage and support their academic success.
What other resources can I utilize as an adult student?
- Resources for getting started your first semester – Bookstore, 49er Card Services, Parking Services, and Student Health Center.
- Need help with writing, math, or transfer credits? Check out the University Center for Academic Excellence.
- Curious about resources to manage your money and cost of attendance? Check out Niner Finances!
- Are you a student parent or have dependents that you are caring for while taking classes? Check out our Parenting Resources page under the Advising tab.
- If you are a veteran, please check out Veteran Services and resources.